Supported by:Download the Flyer
Welcome to the Landport Larder
Landport Larder was established with financial support from our partners: local housing-association Abri as part of their five-year £15m investment to create thriving communities and empower lives, by delivering change where it’s needed most.
Watch this short video from Alan Jenkins, Landport Community Centre Manager about how the scheme works.
How the Larder scheme works:
- The Larder is open at Landport Community Centre every Tuesday from 10am to 1pm.
- Local residents can join the scheme for just £1 and will be given a membership card.
- We offer a range of tinned, boxed, fresh, chilled and frozen foods which vary weekly based on the supply from Fare Share.
- Members can buy 10 items for just £3.50 (where the equivalent basket at the supermarket would be approximately £15). We ask customers to bring their own carry bags to take their purchases away.
- Often we will have certain fresh vegetables which are provided free of charge (ie not part of the 10 items).
- The scheme is fully funded for the next 6 months by Abri.